Water coolers vs taps
Having a water cooler in your workplace has a number of benefits over a standard tap…
- Having a prominent water cooler can promote hydration. Studies have found that if water is visible people drink more of it.
- Most coolers also offer ambient and hot water, allowing your staff the choice of hydrating with hot or cold beverages.
- The water is filtered, making it superior to tap water.
- Many people prefer the taste of filtered and cooled water, which also encourages them to drink more.
The benefits of increased hydration for staff
Encouraging hydration for your staff can benefit both you and them! Drinking water has a wealth of benefits, and proper hydration leads to:
- Increased concentration.
- Improved brain function and alertness.
- Increased energy levels.
- Reduced likelihood of fatigue and headaches.
Bottle fed vs plumbed-in water cooler
If you’re deliberating between a plumbed-in and bottle fed water cooler, a plumbed-in cooler could be right for you if:
- You have access to mains water and a power source.
- You use a lot of water. Plumbed-in water coolers can be more convenient and more economical for high-use environments such as gyms, schools, production facilities or hospitals.
- You need an unlimited water supply.
- Lifting or storing water bottles is difficult for you.